The Image of Victoria's Secret

January 06, 2019


To further my understanding of the brand, I decided to make a collage on what I think of personally when I think of Victoria's Secret.

Victoria's Secret has always portrayed itself as a very elite brand, even the name itself suggests a feeling of exclusivity and mystery, like some kind of secret club. This point is solidified further with their use of models, or 'angels', that appear in the annual Victoria's Secret fashion show, as they all have to fit a certain unattainable standard that is beyond the reach of the average woman.

The brand gives off an expensive, feminine vibe, with its heavy use of materials such as silk and satin. And, of course, the lingerie itself doesn't have a particularly low price tag.

The primary colours the brand uses are pink, white and black, so I wanted these colours to be the main focus of my collage. Starting off with a pink, satin background, I started to search for images that I thought best represented the brand. I then chose to include some images of Dutch angel Romee Strijd, who has been walking the Victoria's Secret catwalk since 2015. The image of the Panthéon building in Paris was to emphasise the point of being luxurious and expensive, as I believe this is the image that Victoria's Secret tries to portray. 

Finally, I decided to include the quote 'too glam to give a damn' as I feel it sums up the brand perfectly. They try so hard to show this perfect image of their beautiful, polished models and lingerie to the point where they do not care about inclusivity and diversity. They are stuck on the idea of their brand being a 'fantasy' so will not consider any other ideas or criticism from the public. 

Overall, this is just some of my initial research into the brand Victoria's Secret, based on my preconceived knowledge of the brand. It will be interesting to do perhaps do a comparison collage further into my project to see if the outcome would be very different or the same.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Pashop.vn sells body mist victoria secret best, best quality

    ReplyDelete